Specifically business education is still in primitive stage in Bangladesh compared to other developing nations in Asia. However, standard is improving but in a very slow pace. Our business schools need to focus more on practical learning rather than theoretical education in order to help the students get accustomed to the real world.
2. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the following comment, “There is relation between what is taught in business schools in Bangladesh and what is actually practiced in work place” .
3. What is the most important factor lacking in business education in Bangladesh?
4. What is the main reason a number of students consider pursuing a business degree from abroad?
5. What is your educational background? (Degree, university)
MBA, Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka
6. In your opinion, which is by far the best business school in the country?
Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka
7. Does your company provide any campus placements while recruiting?
8. Which one thing would you recommend to the business teachers of Bangladesh?
Help the students improve communication skills and assist them gaining knowledge on real world activities
9. Which one thing would you recommend to the business students of Bangladesh?
Decide on your career plan first and pursue education accordingly with sincerity and diligently. Changing subjects or fields in the middle of a degree or course leads to confusion and apparently to failure to achieve proper education, which is not good for our business community.
10. Do you have any general comment regarding business education in Bangladesh?
We are in the right path in terms of business education. We have a great resource in terms of faculty members and very effective secondary and higher secondary medium of education system. All we need is to ensure is synchronization between teachers, students, education system and the real world needs. This will help develop our human resources, which will, in return, be able to enhance the reputation of Bangladesh while representing our country abroad in future.