First, fast, furious...Bangladeshi business blog

We provide
--social media strategies for Bangladeshi businesses worldwide
--public speaking on Bangladeshi businesses and social media
--paid product/service/website reviews of Bangladeshi companies

Interested to place an advertisement for your business?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bangladeshi expat in HK cheated by brothers with JP link

The following application addressed to Chief Advisor Fakhruddin Ahmed shows how an expatriate Bangladeshi based in Hong Kong was cheated by relatives of a politician:

His Excellency
Dr. Fakhruddin Ahmed
Honorable Chief Advisor
Caretaker Government
Chief Advisor's Office
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Subject: Allegation of fraud and life threat

Excellency,

My name is Md. Asif Rahman, an expatriate Bangladeshi residing in Hong Kong for last 15 years with some small businesses in restaurant sector.

A few years back, two Bangladeshi named Sheikh Mashuk Rahman and Sheikh Shakil Rahman, nephews of Jatiya Party (Ershad) leader Abu Hossain Babla, came to Hong Kong and proposed me to invest in restaurant sector in Bangladesh. Agreeing to their business proposal, I invested TK. 7.2 million, which I earned from my hard work and by selling of one of my restaurants here. But, later it was revealed that, both the brothers simply cheated me and at this stage, I had to visit Bangladesh to press them to return my money. At this stage, they signed an agreement (a bond) with me on 150 Taka non judicial stamp and issued several cheque on various dates for the return of my investment. But, to my surprise, these cheques bounced by the respective banks for non-availability of fund.

Now, the brothers are threatening me of getting me killed in Bangladesh if I try to come to the country to realize my money. They are also using the bad influence of their maternal uncle Syed Abu Hossain Babla, very much an infamous person in Bangladesh for illegal affiliations. I also lodged criminal cases against these people, but, although warrant of arrest had been issued, police is sitting tight in taking any action in either arresting the culprits, or recovering my money, being influenced by Babla.

Under the mentioned circumstance, may I humbly request Your Excellency kindly to extend your valuable cooperation to me in realizing my money as well saving my life from the threat of these notorious people.

Respectfully Yours


Rahman Md Asif
4/f 15 Man Nin Street Saikung
Hong Kong
Phone: 852- 60143091

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to Mr. Asif is truly unfortunate and he should get justice. However absence of any link to any Bangladeshi corporate in this regard makes me express that this blog is too small to raise issues with political, religious, non-corporate topics.

Anonymous said...

very sorry to hear that we really want him to help out of this how we can do please advise .....and pls pls do something for him as i know MR ASIF very well..how can ppl do such bad thing with good people...